Sunday 2 April 2017

Review: Love Hacked by Penny Reid


Love Hacked (Knitting in the City, #3)



Love Hacked (Knitting in the City #3) by Penny Reid


I’ve got quite a lot of this author’s books and I’m slowly making my way through them. I like to know I’ve got them to read when I’m looking for something a bit different, humorous, and intellectually written.

“Adorable didn’t begin to describe him, but manlicious sexy genius might.”

Sandra has a pretty disastrous dating life. All her dates end up being pseudo patients/friends. However, there IS one guy who she’s attracted to but has never dated – Alex. Alex is the hot waiter at the Indian restaurant where she has all her first, and usually only, dates. In all the time that Sandra has frequented the restaurant, they are just on each other’s peripheral radar. Until one humorous and heated encounter later, and they are firmly in each other’s sights. 

“He wanted me. I wanted him. This was a frightening and thrilling prospect, because when I pushed him, he pushed back.”

Alex looks like a sex god but there’s an oddness about him. He is a little bit hostile, a little bit secretive, and a whole lot of mysterious. He seems to blow hot and cold. Plus, he’s somewhat younger than Sandra. 

“Because I like the way you look at me, and I don’t want that to change.”
“How do I look at you?”
“Like you want me.”

This was a such a fun, funny, sexy, and clever story. I loved the development in the relationship between Sandra and Alex, and the slow revelation of Alex’s backstory and the startling truth about his current situation. I loved the push and pull between them. Their relationship was fraught with questions, although it’s very clear that Alex desires her more than anything, and is deliciously possessive and protective of her, and Sandra wants to be with him, in spite of her doubts and ignorance about who he really is. 

Fabulous, witty story! 






No comments:

Post a Comment